Saturday, July 29, 2006

"My message is give up your nucular [sic] weapon and your nucular [sic] weapon ambitions. That's my message to Syria. I mean to Iran.

Yes, those are the words of our Commander in Thief. But you knew that, didn’t you?

I actually had to truncate the quote because it wouldn't fit in the title block. Here's the whole thing:
"My message is give up your nucular [sic] weapon and your nucular [sic] weapon ambitions. That's my message to Syria. I mean to Iran. And my message to Syria is, you know, become a... active participant in the neighborhood for peace.
And here’s another shrubism:
“I think -- tide turning -- see, as I remember -- I was raised in the desert, but tides kind of -- it's easy to see a tide turn -- did I say those words?”

These witticisms and more can be found on Dubyaspeak.com. You, too, can amaze your friends!

(By the way, I also added the “Dubya” button to this blog. Scroll down to see it. But I can’t figure out the HTML command to add some extra space between the Wunderground and Dubyaspeak buttons. Any suggestions welcome!)

It's the end of a very crazy month, which included my trip to the writing workshop at Cannon Beach, finals week, posting final grades for my students, wizard school Conclave, a week of 100-degree weather, and chaffeuring and spending time with my Mom. It's been hectic but fun.

Above is a picture of the group--minus a couple of people--from the Grey School Conclave. We had a BLAST! It was also great fun to be able to camp with Scotty, Erin, and Rebecca.

Last night Bill and I saw the second Pirates film. It was fun to watch, but because of my hearing loss, I was stymied by my inability to understand more than about 9/10 of the dialog (if that). Any pithy thoughts on the film--other than noting that is was long, at 151 minutes--must thus wait for the DVD release.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I'm guessing you didn't share the bushisms with Gammie? :)

His supporters argue that Dubya is unfairly judged because he is so often quoted on-the-spot. It's a lame excuse. I have several sources whom I interview on-the-spot constantly about their positions on issues, and often they have no prep going into the interviews... And their responses are consistently thoughtful and well-composed and even eloquent.